Cooking Delights

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More recipe testing....


Well, it was back to the kitchen to try more tofu icing today. I even consulted with the cook book author on this one. Today I tried the raspberry icing from Dreena's Vive le Vegan cookbook. This was my second try at this recipe. I tried it before for my hubby's birthday last June 10. Let me just say that with the tips from Dreena and the agar powder I am all set to go with this recipe. I think this is the one that I will go with for Saturday. I think sexy low fat vanilla cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World together with raspberry icing probably has more appeal than ginger cake with lemon icing. Tonight will be the real test though. I have packed these babies up in my brand spankin' new for Christmas cupcake caddy and I am taking them to yoga class tonight. Lucky yoginis! I am looking forward to what these mindful ladies will have to say about these little cakes.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 16 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooooh! I wish I was in your yoga class! Yummy...

     
  • At Tuesday, 16 January, 2007, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said…

    My yoga class loved these cupcakes! They got the big old thumbs up. Lots of yums and comments like, "even my kids would eat these" They were begging for the recipes, but ya gotta come to the class! 1 spot left!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, 17 January, 2007, Blogger Dori said…

    The raspeberry frosting looks springy. I haven't tried this one yet, but I do really like the agar frosting method.

     
  • At Wednesday, 17 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't make it to your class this time-- we have a kid free weekend planned! Yikes.

    I have to ask the cupcake guru- what kind of muffin tins should I buy- I need to replace my old yucky muffin sheet (you know my baking apparel is lacking)

     
  • At Thursday, 18 January, 2007, Blogger Caty said…

    Wow, they look yummy, the icing is such a gorgeous colour!

     
  • At Tuesday, 23 January, 2007, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said…

    Isn't the colour of that icing beautiful dori and caty? It is amazing what colours nature produces naturally without any chemical additions!

    Hey jules, I love my new wilton cupcake pan. It is the mini one I got for Christmas... really sturdy and no need to line the cupcakes so far!

     
  • At Tuesday, 23 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these look absolutly fantastic! purple-y raspberry goodness!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home