Cooking Delights

Monday, October 09, 2006

Fressen Date Night


We went back to Fressen the Saturday night for a date. This is defnitely our favourite vegan date restaurant in Toronto. The ambience is really quite lovely. The menu is made up of tapas...I love this format because it allows you to try a little bit of everything. They also have their items categorized into soups, salads, starch, crispy, vegetables and stews. We usually order one from each category.

My favourite order from Saturday night was this yummy apple, ginger, kale juice. They make wicked freshly squeezed juices there. Ginger is fantastic for "stimulating digestion, and boosts circulation, respiration and nervous system function. By increasing circulation, it helps effect a systemic cleansing through the skin, bowels, and kidneys" (Wood 1999, 144). "Kale eases lung congestion, benefits the stomach, and is a specific healer for the liver and the immune system" (Wood 1999, 174).

I think I am going to choose this restaurant for my Ph.D. defense. I'm in the process of setting up a date for my defense (the first week of December) and my advisor asked which restaurant I would like to go to for my post defense celebration. I'm thinking Fressen. Any other Toronto area vegetarian recommendations for a large crowd for a very special occassion?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home