Cooking Delights

Saturday, September 16, 2006

I think I'm in love...


I can't stop watching TLC's Take Home Chef. Really, I don't think it is about the food, rather the dish that is doing the cooking. Isn't Curtis a complete doll? I would have to say that my number one fantasy right now would be for Curtis to find me shopping at the No Frills in Ajax! LOL! Guess I better start shopping Whole Foods in Los Angeles. Curtis is both single and young enough to be a boy toy. I think I am so attracted to him because he shares some of my favourite qualities in my husband - blond hair, blue eyes, dark eyebrows, beautiful eye lashes, humour and charm. I am happily married, but if this man wanted to show up and cook at my house I would definitely let him in!




All About Curtis
Curtis Stone is a master chef, author and host of TLC’s new series Take Home Chef.


Curtis began cooking at the Savoy Hotel, in his hometown of Melbourne, Australia, at the age of 18. There, he worked with many European and British chefs who instilled in him the importance of working abroad to build one’s experience and skills. On completing his qualifications as a chef, he set off for Europe to experience life and the cuisines of Italy, France and Spain, before finally arriving in London.


In London, he found himself literally knocking on the door of the legendary Marco Pierre White, the youngest chef in the world to be awarded three Michelin stars. His book White Heat was the first cookbook ever given to Curtis. That afternoon he started work at Marco’s restaurant, The Grill Room at Café Royal.


From The Grill Room, Curtis proceeded to Mirabelle as sous-chef and played a large part in creating the Mirabelle Cookbook. He worked at the restaurant for another year, during which time it was awarded a Michelin star. After winning Marco’s trust and respect, Curtis was made head chef at another of White’s flagships, the critically acclaimed Quo Vadis. The restaurant has been a Soho institution since 1926. Karl Marx once lived upstairs, and previous owners included Peppino Leonie and artist Damien Hirst. During Curtis’ four-year stint at Quo Vadis, he was approached by a publisher and included in a book about London’s finest chefs, London on a Plate.


Curtis’ appearance in London on a Plate led to a heightened media profile in the United Kingdom, where he appeared on Taste Today on the Taste Network, Great Food Live on U.K. Food, BBC2’s Saturday Kitchen and ITV’s This Morning. He then filmed the 15-episode television series Dinner in a Box for U.K. Food in 2002.

Curtis filmed his first major series called Surfing the Menu with a tie-in book, Surfing the Menu, for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2003. In 2004 he hosted an Australian reality series, My Restaurant Rules, for Network 7. Missing the heat of the kitchen, Curtis returned to London to work with Terence Conran on relaunching the famous Bluebird Club in London’s Chelsea district.

Surfing the Menu has now been sold to 26 territories worldwide, including the U.K. and U.S. Cookbooks accompanied the first two series, and Curtis has recently completed the third season. He also writes a regular column for Delicious Magazine in Australia.

Curtis stays true to his cooking philosophy: keep things simple and use naturally produced ingredients that are in season. "If you get your hands on good ingredients and treat them properly, you don’t need to do much," he says. In his cooking, Curtis likes to concentrate on flavors with a modern European edge.

Curtis is 30 and single. While he is currently based in Los Angeles, he lives in London.

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, 18 September, 2006, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Hi! I'm linking you now! Thanks! I have seen this show a few times and enjoy it too! Great photos you found there!

     
  • At Monday, 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never seen that show - I must now!! thx!

     
  • At Monday, 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is rather cute, isn't he?

    Nikki

    http://iloveheeze.blogspot.com

     
  • At Monday, 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG...you are too funny!

    Megan the Vegan

     
  • At Tuesday, 19 September, 2006, Blogger Judy said…

    So far, I am the only person I know of who hates Curtis and his show! I find him so fake and trying-to-be-cute, like the token cute British guy. And the only people he ever picks up are yummy mummys - I can't wait for the episode when he stops some old dude to make fried eggs in his senior's residence! Then I'll start watching!

     
  • At Wednesday, 02 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Curtis Stone is a doll isnt he? Not only is he an amazing chef, his accent makes my heart melt.
    Kudos for recognizing such a talent!

    P.s Im a vegetarian trying to go vegan but cannot for the life of me resist the urge of a nasty thing called "cheese" nor is there a suitible substitute! I hope that when I go away for culinary training that I will uncover a non dairy cheese that..well Ill say it, doesnt suck!
    Good luck on going vegan!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home