Cooking Delights

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


We were at a friend's place for a house party to ring in the new year last night. I decided to take some festive cupcakes with me. I used the basic vanilla cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I had some "good intention" icing in the fridge that I had planned to use for sugar cookies of some sort. I also had a plethora of candy canes that I had taken off the tree earlier that day. In an effort to "waste not, want not" I used up these holiday staples to make New Year's Eve cupcakes. The cupcakes were a hit with the crowd. In fact, I scored a gig to make 150 cupcakes for a friend's wedding in July. How cool is that?

7 Comments:

  • At Monday, 01 January, 2007, Blogger Freedom said…

    Wow thats a lot of cupcakes! Congrats on such a big success!

     
  • At Monday, 01 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great looking cupcakes! And such a clever way to use up the candy canes!

    Good for you on the wedding gig. You can add catering to your resume now ;o)

     
  • At Monday, 01 January, 2007, Blogger bazu said…

    Happy New Year!

    I'm catching up on blogs and enjoyed reading about your 3 days of fast! I myself am embarking on a detox, but it's a bit less restrictive than yours, so I hope I will succeed!

     
  • At Monday, 01 January, 2007, Blogger Caty said…

    Happy New Year! Your cupcakes look gorgeous and I like the idea of using crushed up candy canes to decorate them. And congratulations on the cupcake-y gig- what flavour cakes are you making for it?

     
  • At Monday, 01 January, 2007, Blogger urban vegan said…

    I bet your cupcakes were a huge success. Congrats on your new vegan catering gig...what a great success.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At Tuesday, 02 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the cupcakes looks very cute! great idea!

     
  • At Tuesday, 02 January, 2007, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said…

    Thanks for the comments freedom, nancy, bazu, caty, catherine and johanna.

    caty, I think I am going to make vanilla cupcakesfor the wedding.... but I am also planning on testing as many recipes as possible from vegan cupcakes to find the perfect cupcake for a wedding. Any suggestions?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home