Cooking Delights

Friday, November 24, 2006

Healing Gingerbread Cupcakes


I took these gingerbread cupcakes with me to my pilates and yoga classes last night to share. One of the massage therapists at the Wellness clinic thought it was aboslutely hilarious that I would work the girls out and then feed them "junk food." The thing is, cupcakes could never be classified as junk food. Especially since they are made with way more love than a bag of doritos. The spices that I used in these cupcakes have many benefits to the body. Black pepper puritfies the blood, cardamom is a digestive aid, clobes benefit the nervous system, cinnamon strengthens the bones and ginger heals colds and flu and increases energy. So, I offered these healing cupcakes as a commitment to health and well-being. Cupcakes along with physical exercise and a positive attitude are one of the great pillars of total health.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Blogger laura k said…

    Oh wow, that's amazing that those spices have all those wonderful properties--I thought they were delicious and not much else. I would love one of those gingerbread cupcakes. Gingerbread is one of my favorites.

     
  • At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

    I would so eat those! Especially since they're so healthy ;)

    I love how you post the health benefits of your food, very educational!

     
  • At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, those cupcakes are not junk food---

    spices are good for you..
    molasses has iron...

    I would eat them for breakfast (and have!!;)

    BTW, I love the display rack. I need one of those..

     
  • At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Blogger Hannah said…

    How totally fab! I love how you call them healing cupcakes! I'm reading a book about the healing properties of herbs and spices and its verry cool! I do yoga and pilates to! go exercise!!:P
    Amber

     
  • At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i need some healing here:)
    they looks truly good!

     
  • At Sunday, 26 November, 2006, Blogger Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said…

    i'm so down with your philosophy here.

    spot on. love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home