Cooking Delights

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cleanse Day 2



So I made it through the second day of the cleanse. For breakfast I enjoyed some Fruit Quinoa.

Fruit Quinoa

Ingredients:
1 cup Water
1 cup Quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 Apple - small chopped
1 Pear - small chopped
4 Dried Apricots, dried non-sulphured, chopped
1 Tbs. Almonds, soaked and chopped
1 Tbs. Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Mace, ground
1/8 tsp. Allspice, ground
1/8 tsp. Cardamom, ground

Method:
Bring water to a boil, add rinsed quinoa. Stir and reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
Add the apples, pears, apricots and almonds.




Lunch and dinner I had some very delicious minnestrone soup. The recipe was from my new Nava Atlas Soup and Stews cook book. The flavours in this were really delicious. I think it was the Italian seasoning and bay leaves. I made the soup first thing in the morning and let the flavours stew all day. That makes for the best soups I find.


Day 2 Verdict

Day two was definitely easier than day one. I had far less side effects. The achy flu-like symptoms were totally gone. I was at a party last night with about a million different kinds of cheeses. That was difficult. I munched on a bowl of fresh fruit and I may have cheated a little with several rain forest crackers. I think they are gluten, wheat and dairy free, so I may be OK. The ones I enjoyed had dried fruit, nuts and seeds in them. They were delicious. Hope I can find some in the health food stores around me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home