Cooking Delights

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Spring Roll Crazy!


This is my second attempt at spring rolls. They are really easy to make. These ones had rice noodles, carrots, and nappa cabbage in them. This time I mixed my noodles and vegetables with a little rice vinegar and soy sauce. I think they turned out better than the last batch that I made with hoison sauce. They are baked in the oven instead of deep fried so you can eat as many of these as you want guilt free.



I made them with a yummy Asian soup. This soup had pretty much the same things in it as the spring rolls. It would have done well with some tofu as well. I had three wrappers when I was finished so I took some raspberries and apples and made a pie like filling and baked these up for dessert.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These look great! How long do you bake them and at which temperature?

     
  • At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those spring rolls look great...could you tell me where you got the wrappers? I would like to try them too!

     
  • At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Blogger fusion boutique said…

    Yummy I love spring rolls right now Todd and I have some pre-made ones in the freezer I know I know horrible!! I will have to learn how to make these ones.

     
  • At Wednesday, 29 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks awesome, if i only find spring rolls here in my town i will be very happy.

     
  • At Wednesday, 29 November, 2006, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said…

    Thank you everybody. I bought the wrappers in the freezer, close to the phyllo pastry etc. at No Frills.

    I baked them for about 10 minutes at 425.

    Jewell, I think that the problem with the pre made ones is that they would be high in sodium and deep fried before they were frozen.

    johanna - I don't live in a very big town so hopefully you will be able to find them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home