Cooking Delights

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Creamy Garlic Tomato Sauce


This is Dreena Burton's Creamy Garlic Tomato Sauce from The Everyday Vegan. I put fresh herbs from my herb garden on top after cooking the pasta and sauce so that the herbs would be more flavourful. This recipe has three whole bulbs of roasted garlic. Numerous studies have demonstrated that regular consumption of garlic lowers blood pressure, and decreases platelet aggregation, serum triglycerides and LDL-cholesterol (the potentially dangerous form) levels while increasing serum HDL-cholesterol (the protective form) and fibrinolysis (the process through which the body breaks up blood clots), and stimulating the production of nitric oxide in the lining of blood vessel walls, which helps them to relax. As a result of these beneficial actions, garlic helps prevent atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease, and reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke.

I served this pasta with a big salad from our garden with shredded jicima on top.

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 24 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's one delicious looking plate of pasta :)

     
  • At Friday, 25 August, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ooowwwww! That looks delectable! I love Dreena Burton's work and you made it all so entirely presentable and at the same time edible without being pretentious...Does that make sense!
    Thanks for looking up my blog, too! I appreciate the feedback and I hope you'll continue to read mine as I will yours!

     
  • At Friday, 25 August, 2006, Blogger KleoPatra said…

    Hey, love the heaping helping of pasta. And anything with lotsa garlic is my perfect match...

    Nice going, Melissa!

     
  • At Saturday, 26 August, 2006, Blogger Carrieā„¢ said…

    I like garlic. I really like garlic. And it does a body good. Great looking dinner!
    In your last post, it looks to me like you're serving out of an IKEA bowl. Can you tell who spends too much time at that store? Someone who can pick out random things in photos and know where they came from. That salad in the bowl is spectacular!

     
  • At Wednesday, 10 February, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a love/hate relationship with virtual memory because of the way prices are always,and I mean always dropping. I hate buying Micro SD Cards for my R4 / R4i at (what seems to be) a cheap price only to see it become 10% cheaper a couple of months later.

    (Submitted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]R4i[/url] cPost scPost)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home