Cooking Delights

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Entertaining


On Sunday I had my sister and her boyfriend for lunch. It was a lot of fun planning a menu and sharing food with them. Plus they brought me a yummy gift, organic pear juice... I have really been enjoying that!



On the menu were a lot of different things. I served two salads. The first was a mixed red and green leaf salad with parselyt, shredded beets, orange tomatoes from our garden. I served it with a simple vinegrette. Next up was a Cool Cucmber Tomato Toss from Dreena's Everyday Vegan. I made this salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden but I had to venture out to the grocery store for the rest of the ingredients. This salad also had jicima in it. Jicama, a legume, is grown for the large tuberous roots which can be eaten raw or cooked and are used as a source of starch. Jicima is a good source of fiber and vitamin C.

I also served tapenade, puff pastry pizzas, and peach pie for dessert.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home