Cooking Delights

Monday, July 10, 2006

The unfortunate disaster of the chocolate hemp squares


I messed up big time with these squares. They are a goopy mess. It is really sad because the ingredients are not all that cheap. I couldn't find hemp seed nut butter anywhere so I ground my own. I think this part worked out fine. I think I messed up by not putting in enough cereal. It calls for 1 cup of cereal crumbs... I ground 1 cup of cereal and put it in... it seemed goopy, but I had high hopes that it would firm up in the fridge. Well, I think that 1 cup of cereal does not equal 1 cup of cereal crumbs. They tasted fantastic still, but they were impossible to eat. I can't wait to try them again... with the right amount of cereal.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, 10 July, 2006, Blogger Eat Peace Please said…

    Oh no! This *almost* happened to me as I was unsure about the 1c cereal crumbs, if it was actual crumbs or whole cereal. I ground 1c at first and noticed that the ratio (I make "treats" a lot) was uneven so I ground more to equal a cup.

    I made a really awesome coffee cake one time and used fancy expensive ingredients and not only did the coffee cake go to flop, I set my oven on fire and haven't used it since. That was back in December.

    Good luck next time around. With more cereal... crumbs.

     
  • At Wednesday, 12 July, 2006, Blogger kaivegan said…

    Darn!
    But I hope you'd try it again soon. I've been wanting to make them since seeing them on Leslie's blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home