Cooking Delights

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nancy's Delicious Tofu


A friend of mine gave me this recipe for "delicious tofu". She said she even enjoyed it for leftovers. My question is, what leftovers? Ours was completely gone! I also served it with sesame asparagus from Vegan with a Vengance. Here is the recipe:

Delicious Tofu

1 lb medium firm tofu, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
1/4 tsp. dried chili or 1 tsp Asian chili sauce

1/8 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup tosated almonds, chopped

In a frying pan on med-high heat, saute the tofu in oil til browned. REduce heat to med-low and add the garlic, ginger, and chili. Saute for 5 mintues. Add the maple syrup, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cover and cook til liquid has evaporated. Garnish with the chopped almonds. Serve on brown rice.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, 05 July, 2006, Blogger Carrieā„¢ said…

    Tofu sounds delicious. Anything with almonds is delicious in my book. I was also admiring your puff pastry photo. I love pastries of all sorts. Not good for the waistline, but so tasty!

     
  • At Saturday, 08 July, 2006, Blogger KleoPatra said…

    I must try the maple syrup when i make something similar to this. I always forget to... thanks for the reminder and it looks delicious, i must add!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home