Cooking Delights

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last of the simple suppers



Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I have been very busy with cooking classes, yoga workshops, and telecourses as of late! It is good to be busy, but I will also be happy to have some time to poke around the kitchen a little more.



My last vegetarian cooking class, "Quick to the Table" went really well. I couldn't decide what to make, so I gave them five recipes and then we made three on the actual day. They ended up choosing the nachos (picture below), the gnocchi and the polenta recipes. It was so funny because at a normal cooking class we usually sit down to eat at about 8:00 pm, by the time we are finished eating. This cooking class we had made three complete meals and were finished eating by 7:30 pm. So, I guess it worked, they were dinners that were really quick to make.






Pictured here is a black bean salad (which we made at the last vegetarian cooking class) along with an easy quesidilla. Don't you just love my fishy bowl?


You all probably know about this resource, but have you seen the great recipes at Whole Food Markets website? I'm making this one to take to a friend's for dinner tonight. I'm replacing the couscous with quinoa and I will probably add some chick peas. I'll add a picture later today.


So that's it for me for now. Watch out for lots of delicious grilling ideas over the next few weeks as I prepare for my next vegetarian cooking class, "The Vegetarian Grill." It will be happening June 16 at 5:00 pm.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home