Cooking Delights

Friday, April 27, 2007

My latest gig!

I am so excited to tell you about my latest gig. I have been working closely with the owners of Black Dog Pub lately teaching them private yoga sessions in their home. They are extremely committed to a healthy, holistic lifestyle and this commitment has extended to the amazing food they serve at their restaurant.


It is amazing to know that in the far east end of Toronto one can get a healthy, and vegetarian meal at a local pub. The Black Dog Pub has recently integrated a Healthy Lifestyle Menu with several vegetarian options to choose from. We were there for lunch the other day and my husband and I enjoyed the veggie burger with a side of salad. Although we were in a burger mood that day we could have also chosen the grilled tofu and vegetable wrap made with a choice of whole wheat wrap, rice paper wrap or plain or mulit-grain pita, served with tomatoes, sprouts, herbed mayo, dill pickle & sweet potato fries. We also could have chosen their version of a ‘Buddha Bowl’ with brown basmati rice chick peas, sunflower sprouts, marinated grilled tofu steaks, diced tomatoes, red onion, raw & toasted nuts & seeds in a mildly spicy tahini sauce. Anyway, you get the picture, there were several choices! Pictured here is the veggie burger which was a yummy chick pea based burger.



For dessert we had the best carrot cake I have ever had in my entire life. This carrot cake is the Black Dog's own Spelt Carrot Cake with tofu cream cheese frosting which is both dairy & sugar Free. This cake is a healthy meal in itself. I have been known to stop by the pub and pick up a piece when the craving hits!



Anyway, back to my latest gig. I have been asked to work with the Black Dog Pub as a celebrity vegetarian chef of sorts to come up with vegetarian and vegan feature items. So I will be consulting with them on vegetarian and vegan items that they will be offering right along with their other special features. I will also be working with them to further develop their vegan and heart smart menu. I am totally psyched about this. Anyway if there are any vegetarain or vegan options that you would like to see at local restaurants, now is your time to speak up. Also, I would love to hear about your favourite vegetarian and vegan restaurants so I can check out their menus for ideas too!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home