Cooking Delights

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm back!



Wow! Does it ever feel better to be back in the land of the living! You have no idea what a drag it is for a foodie to loose all desire for food! I kept thinking about how little I had to contribute to my blog and whether I would ever have anything to contribute again! LOL!


Here is lunch from today. Roasted red pepper pesto pasta with spinach salad. I garnished the spinach salad with toasted almonds, mandarins and PC Mango Vinegrette This is definitely a five minute meal that I will add to my menu for my April cooking class. It was so quick and easy it wasn't even funny. I can think of a couple of things that I would do to tweek the recipe... but this one is definitely a keeper.


Nutritionally speaking this dinner is also a home run. The walnuts in the pesto are of course are a great source of omega 3's. Spinach is a good source of iron. Boosting iron stores with spinach is a good idea, especially because, in comparison to red meat, a well-known source of iron, spinach provides iron for a lot less calories and is totally fat-free. One of my nutrition and lifestyle coaching clients is making the switch to vegetarianism and is concerned about how to find certain nutrients that are commonly found in the meat kingdom, in the animal world. So there you go, no need for red meat to get your iron, or fish to get your omega 3's. You can have a well balanced nutritious diet as a vegetarian.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home