Cooking Delights

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I tried it and I still don't like it


All these posts about split pea soup made me think, maybe I should try it again as an adult. Megan the vegan made a split pea soup to which I promptly responded YUCK. Not because Megan made it yucky, but because I didn't think I liked it. But then Fatfree Vegan made one that lured me in. Yellow Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Kale. It had kale in it, one of my favourites... and, sigh, I still did not like it. Too bad because split peas are a great source of protein and fiber. I have two containers of it in my freezer if anybody would like some.

7 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, 08 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Melissa I would love to try some of you split pea soup - it looks delicious. Too bad you don't like it. See you Thursday.

     
  • At Wednesday, 08 November, 2006, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey Melissa, I guess it would help if you actually knew who wanted to try your soup. It's me Lisa. Thanks

     
  • At Wednesday, 08 November, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

    What don't you like? The texture of the split peas? La Dolce Vegan has some great recipes that use split peas, but aren't too traditional. But I can understand you giving up now, after two attempts! We're just not meant to like everything I guess.

     
  • At Thursday, 09 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your soup looks yummy. but the important thing is that you try to eat it!

     
  • At Thursday, 09 November, 2006, Blogger Judy said…

    Don't worry, there are a few things that I always try, and always hate. Like beets. No matter how they are prepared, I can't eat them, even though they are so pretty. And I don't think I would like split pea soup either, but I don't know for sure cuz I've never made it!

     
  • At Thursday, 09 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll try it! Bring it with you on Tuesday next week.;)

     
  • At Thursday, 09 November, 2006, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said…

    Lisa and Nancy, I will definitely bring you some soup. I still have one left in my freezer if anybody else wants some!

    Melissa - I think I just don't like the taste of split peas. I will have to take a look at the recipes in La Dolce Vegan.

    johanna and judy, I agree, we are adults and if we try things from time to time that we don't like, that is OK.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home