Cooking Delights

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chocolate Butt Cakes!

Every time I see this picture on Dreena's blog, I get all side tracked from what I am doing and all I can do is think about chocolate cake. On Sunday night I was dreaming all night about this cake. Seriously, in my dream I couldn't find my Everyday Vegan cookbook and I was totally distraught over not being able to make this cake. When I woke up in the morning I found my copy of Everyday Vegan on my cook book shelf and sighed a huge sigh of relief. I vowed to make this cake as soon as I could.


There was only one problem... can you believe I don't have round cake pans? So, we decided to make them into cupcakes instead. This worked out well because I had about half enough ingredients for the icing! Trinity and I got to work. After mixing the flour and all the other ingredients Trinity and I realized we didn't have any canola oil in an aerosol can to spray our cupcake liners. Whenever you have an emergency like this and your hubby is out with the car it is a total life saver to have a friend and neighbour like mine! Off we went to Karyn's house. "Karyn we need spray oil!" When we got to Karyn's house, Karyn said, "Trinity, what is all over your bum?" I have to tell you that Trinity is one of the most tactile children I know.... hands in the flour, hands on your bum, flour on your bum. Karyn said, "You're not making cupcakes, you're making butt cakes!" And there you have it, the name stuck. Here are our butt cakes. They were so delicious and super easy to make!




This super trimmed down, non-fattening cake will definitely make an appearance at my healthy baking vegetarian cooking class. Whether it will be cake or butt cakes, I'm not sure yet.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home