Cooking Delights

Friday, August 24, 2007

Before I go...

I'm off to Cancun Mexico for a week in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. I should let you know what I have been cooking over the last week or so. It has been a time of indulgence to say the least. Cooking and eating some of my favourite things!





Pictured above is the swiss chard and tomatoes for my garden. This meal has been a staple this summer.



Swiss chard and tomatoes tossed over organic whole grain pasta.




Pictured here is a mango/lime thai salad from the Harmony Dawn cook book. It was super yummy!



Peaches are in season, so I made peach pie. Yummy!



Problem is, it was so good I ate half the pie myself and gave myself a tummy ache.



Here are some yummy banana pancakes from Vegan with a Vengance. My hubby adored these. Apparently they were light and fluffy enough for this picky pancake eater.



More veggies from my garden to make....



This yummy home made vegetable soup. This soup was designed to use up as much as I could from my garden and my refridgerator before I head off to Cancun tomorrow morning. I succeeded in cleaning out my garden and my crisper with this delicious tomato and swiss chard soup. I served the soup with lemon poppy seed muffins from Vegan with a Vengance. (They are really just cupcakes with poppy seeds in them... super yummy!)



I have made Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies twice in as many days. These are the ultimate cookie and crowd pleaser. Do you know how many people coincidently stop by my house every time I bake these? They never last long!

Labels: , ,