Cooking Delights

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad



This has quickly become a favourite at our house. I first had this salad when I led my retreat at Harmony Dawn Retreat Center in June. It comes from Nicola's cook book, The Tao of Harmony Dawn Cooking This is the kind of recipe that has so much flavour that you don't mind that it is vegan. The flavour comes from all the fresh herbs in the salad. I think we have been eating this about once a week since the retreat.



When I was at Harmony Dawn Retreat Center, I was spoiled with home made dessings at each meal. Since I have been home I have been unable to stomach commercial dressings. This salad dressing comes from Dreena Burton's Vive le Vegan cook book. I believe it is a tahini dressing. It is an absolute favourite. And now with my Magic Bullet, I can whip it up in no time.

I'm sorry I have been so negligent in posting! I have been cooking, just not posting. I find it really hard to find the time to get everything in that I want to do in a day.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home