Cooking Delights

Monday, August 13, 2007

The most cupcakes I have ever made at one time...





On Friday July 27th, my friend and lifestyle coaching client, Becky Peister got married. For her wedding present I made her 168 cupcakes for her wedding. This was a BIG project. I have never made that many cupcakes at one time! I decided on Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Lemon Gem's from her cookbook, Vegan with a Vengance. What I decided to do was double the batch from Vegan with a Vengance and make it seven times.

I divided the project into two days.






The first day was spent baking and the second day was spent icing. For the icing I made a variation on the butter cream frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I changed up the recipe a bit adding some lemon juice and lemon zest to make the cupcakes more lemony. The final cupcakes had beautiful edible flowers on them. All in all it was totally fun. I'm not going to go into the cupcake catering business, but when my sisters and friends get married, I think this makes a lovely wedding gift!

Labels: