Cooking Delights

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Staging food and Dreena's Totally Nutty Bars



I just had to post this photo, not because the dinner was particularly good (although hubby downed it like a vaccuum cleaner both yesterday and today for leftovers), but because my four year old daughter is really getting into taking pictures of our food. Today after I made dinner she came from outside with a flower and said, "Mommy this is to make the dinner look pretty for the photo" Wow, how artistic, what a kid! Anyway, this is Fettucini Alfreda from Vegan with a Vengance. I think next time I will try making it with cashews instead of pine nuts.




This morning I made totally nutty bars from Dreena Burton's Vive le Vegan. They were fantastic - totally healthy, totally tasty. Also, you don't have to bake them, which is great in the heat. They are totally all gone now. I was hoping they would be around for a few days to grab on the way out the door to my yoga/pilates/fitness classes. Oh well, guess I will have to make more and try a different nut combination.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home