Cooking Delights

Friday, May 26, 2006

Scrambled Tofu



Well, I really wanted to like this recipe. It is from Vegan with a Vengance. Unfortunately, I really did not like it at all. I think the spices weren't right for me. I always think I will like cumin, but I never do....well almost never, I quite like it in small portions in mexican food. Also I don't think I really liked the thyme in it either... good for soups, not so tastey for scrambled tofu. I thought maybe if the spices had been different that I might like it more. Also I thought it needed about a half a cup of salt... but, even when I added the salt it didn't taste that much better. Any suggestions on re-spicing this one?

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, 26 May, 2006, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said…

    Well it still *looks* fabulous. I've been easing into different spices the past year or two myself. I HATED cumin until a couple months ago. Just the smell grossed me out. I cut down on it the tofu scramble by a lot, and use spices I like.

     
  • At Saturday, 27 May, 2006, Blogger Carrieā„¢ said…

    Hmmm, that's too bad. I really like cumin and thyme is one of my very favorite herbs so I'm no help am I? :o)
    There are a ton of scrambled tofu recipes out there. Maybe see what sort of spices they call for and mix it up to make your own version.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home