Cooking Delights

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Can you help my amazing coach?

My dissertation coach is a foodie just like us! She is trying to convince the meat-eating lovers of Argentina to eat more fresh food and veggies. Gayle is an amazing cook and does incredible things with herbs and flowers. Slow Food, the organization she is preparing a special menu for looks like a fantastic organization too. She probably doesn't need any help, but if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments! Here is her original request:



I really am doing my part to convince these beef-crazy folks to eat more vegggies!!! Last night I fixed a wonderful pumpkin-tomato soup (pureed) with a touch of honey from a cook book by Crescent Dragonwagon. . . yummy!!! And I convinced the organizer of the new Slow Food Chapter in Rosario to let me plan a menu (since the last two had nothing fresh or green!!!). . . and it will be a dinner with flowers in every thing. . . an international chef at the most prestigious hotel and I will be selecting the dishes...I've got one books specifically on flowers in the kitchen plus lots of herbals....if you have any tips or recipes, I'll take them!

p.s. I already directed her to the zucchini flower recipe below!

6 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just started reading a book called In Praise of Slow - and I just finished the chapter on the Slow Food movement. Cool..small world!

    I just realized from your bio that your from the GTA! Cool!

     
  • At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Blogger KleoPatra said…

    Slow food... hmmmmmmm... i like that idea. Cool that you are on board with this and doing what you can to help your coach reach the peeps!

    Still figuring how i can help your coach... hmmmmmmm...

     
  • At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Blogger fusion boutique said…

    well I have no suggestions other than I am trying to help with your email server. Just wanted to let you know that I sent Tim the emails ... I hope you get this sorted out soon I am sure it is frustrating let me know if you need anything else

     
  • At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said…

    wow on the zucchini flowers - i want to try that. and i've not heard the term alligator pears, & can't wait to pull that one on the girls - they'll love it! :o)

     
  • At Wednesday, 02 August, 2006, Blogger fusion boutique said…

    ok I sent two emails again. The other ones I sent to your husband got sent back to me as well ... hope this works!

     
  • At Thursday, 03 August, 2006, Blogger fusion boutique said…

    Hey well the two emails I sent to the "new" address got bumped back to me as well. I am not sure if you are going to get this let me know if there is anything else I can do for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home